niedziela, 25 listopada 2012

#5 Daphne Bavelier: Your brain on video games


CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO

PERVASIVE - spread widely

1) This pervasive idea made people think about this case in a completely different way.
2) The smell of his coffee was pervasive.

KNEE-JERK - automatic

1) I created a robot who answers knee-jerk.
2) I did it knee-jerk because I got used to it.

PEDESTRIAN - passer-by

1) A lot of pedestrians makes it harder to drive fast
2) Many pedestrians disturb drivers by their reckless behaviour in the street.

LOBE - a part that comprise a brain

1) Four different lobes comprise a brain.
2) One of my lobes isn't working properly now because I have problems with moving.

ABYSMAL

1) Our situation is abysmal. We have just lost our job.
2) I had to restart my computer due to abysmal error.

CRINGING - mousy, obsequious

1) He couldn't reveal that secret because he was cringing by mafia
2) I have three cringing girls in my house who cook for me.

DOABLE - sth that can be done

1) It is all doable if we work as a team.
2) Exe files are double.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz