poniedziałek, 19 listopada 2012

#4 Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world


CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ORIGINAL VIDEO

URGENT - high priority, the most important
1) Providing food during a famine is an urgent need.
2) An urgent task they were asked to do was constructing a bomb.

COUNTER-INTUITIVE - conflicting with our intuition
1) His behaviour towards me was counter-intuitive.
2) My belief about that issue was counter-intuitive.

CRINKLE - ripple, fold
1) I crinkled my eye to show that I was not talking seriously.
2) Old people have got many crinkles on their skin.

BE ON THE VERGE - be on the edge
1) I am on the verge of being depressed.
2) Being on the edge of success doesn't mean you can celebrate it.

BLISSFUL - delectable, lovable
1) Ignorance is bliss.
2) Wedded blissful is a crucial thing in our life.

WRING - squeezing, clenching something
1) I wrung his hand strongly to show who is the boss here.
2) I will wring his neck when I see her.

EPIC - full of adventures
1) 'The Lord of the Rings' is said to be an epic movie.
2) I made an epic win against opponents' team yesterday.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz