czwartek, 10 stycznia 2013

#8 Hasan Elahi: FBI, here I am!



LOOK STH UP - look for something, search

1) I will try to look this word up in a dictionary.
2) I need to look it up in order to check if I am right.

RATTY - messy

1) Our hotel room was really ratty.
2) Ratty places make me sad.

ODD - weird

1) He is very odd. He buries money in his socks.
2) Although she is odd, I like her.

CROSS-REFERENCE - link, referent

1) There was a cross-reference between these two murders.
2) A cross-reference between these 2 people seems weird.

OBSOLETE - dated, old-fashioned

1) I got rid of some of my obsolete clothes.
2) This furniture is really obsolete.

COVERAGE - report, tale, dispatch

1) I prepared a coverage concerning my project.
2) He was given a coverage while going to work.

SHOW UP - come into sight, occur

1) They showed up suddenly and startled me.
2) All unclear proofs were shown up.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz